Sunday 20 February 2011

Rear Suspension assembly

So, the plan for today was the re-assemble all the rear suspension and the refit to the car................. well, that didn't happen!
I under estimated how long it would take to put it all back together! Found the right brake pipe clips, snpped 3 but managed to get the 4 in I needed! Then assembled the exhaust hangers.......... what a fiddly job that is! Then it was the rear rubber mounts, 4 bolts, easy!

Then had to fit the trailing arms to the box sections. Anyone who says it is easy has either never done it before, or is a liar!!! After hours of persuading (gently, didn't want to damage the new powder coating!) I got them all together.
 I got the diff nosepiece back from Witor's the other day, so that could be fitted to the diff and the back mounting plate bolted on.

After that I spend another hour or so trying to coax the number plate wiring down the tailgate and gave up when it started to get dark!! There must be a simple way to do this, but at the moment its evading me!!
Bend the brake lines to shape, they just need fitting then the rear suspension can go on..............

No comments: