Sunday, 3 November 2013
Thanks to Ted Taylor for the spare rubbing strip that I was missing. I cleaned it, shortened it and popped it in to complete the back cover for the rear seat. Interestingly, when I was trying to work out the best way to shorten the strip, I looked at the originals and they all seem to have a "hand finished" look at the end, much like a whittled down pencil. I concluded this was probably how they did it at Carbodies, so I took my stanley knife and whittled away! It looks just as good (or as bad!) as the originals now.
Sunday, 6 October 2013
Had this afternoon working outside on the car. Glorious sunshine meant I could get on with some bits! First of all I got out the angle grinder and cut some slots in the zinc plated metal spacers I found. Then pulled the quarter bumper away, slotted them in and tightened up the sides. Bumper is now fitted as best as I can get it.
Then I could clean and refit the lower seat base. The carpet on the underside of this is perfect, so no point disturbing it.
All in all, a good productive day!
Monday, 2 September 2013
I managed to grab an hour this evening, don't the nights get dark quickly now! Still, managed to get a few things done. The next trim pieces inside to do are the sides of the front footwells and the parcel trays. Before I fit those I have some major wiring to do behind them, so I started that this evening.
The wiring is for the Alarm/Imobiliser and Remote Central Door locking system I am fitting. Running wires behind trim is always a pain, so easier to do it now before I refit them. First up hiding the wires for the infra-red sensors on the A posts.
Monday, 12 August 2013
Monday evening spannering session! Managed to get to the Bolt Shop, and bought a few bolts I was missing. Got the missing one for the passengers seat, needed to be a little longer due to the extra layer of underlay I had put under the carpets. Popped the passenger seat back in.