Wednesday 27 August 2008

Rocker Shaft Rebuild

Sounds simple don't it.................... strip, clean and replace the rocker shaft.

Hmmmmm.

Okay, so, I wrote it all down, exactly which bit goes where............. then halfway through stripping it all down the dog jumped on me, which made me drop the rocker shaft (bits everywhere!) and spill the ice-cream tub of Jizer all over my carefully drawn plan.

Bugger!!

No I don't know which order things go on.....................

Of course I do, I've got another Triumph 6 pot in the garage!

So, off with the rocker cover on the PI, noted down all the positions........... then I could happily clean everything and put it all back together.

The old rocker shaft was worn beyond being worn............ the ridges had their own gravity field they were that big!!

Glad I did it now, looks good, no more slop in the rockers..................

Thats another job done...............

No comments: