Sunday 29 March 2015

Opps!!!

Well, you lot are an eagle eyed bunch aren't you!!?

The last picture I posted, no one spotted I had fittted the carbs back to front!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cut and fitted the new fuel lines, made up the breather sections and overflows......... then wondered why nothing met up properly!

It was only after I googled a Stag Engine picture that I realised my blunder, the carb linkage should be facing the rear of the engine, not the front!!

So, I now had to remove all the incorrect pipework, remove the elbows (which explains why the bolt wasn't long enough to fit the choke bracket, should be on the other side!), turn the carbs around then start again.

Need to get some more fuel line as I've cut it, and its now too short..............

Its like learning the Waltz..............


2 steps forward, 1 step back.

No comments: