Wednesday 12 August 2009

Oot 'n' Aboot

Like the title? Say it with a Scottish Brogue and you get the idea!.. having a McTriumph is starting to get to me I think!

Poking around Eric the other day I discovered why it handles so well........ its got Spax allround and the front end is Polybushed! The trailing arms could do with polybushing and the driveshafts are a bit sticky....... normal big 6 twitchy back end! The more I find on this car, the bigger bargain it becomes!



I did a photoshoot with Practical Classics last week, and one of the other guys who was there emailed me this photo.................... can anyone work out what we were trying to do?? Answers, well..... look on the front cover of the October 2009 issue of Practical Classics and you'll find out (due out mid Sept!)

Last night is was our local classic car meet. Hundreds and hundreds of classics of all shapes and sizes for an informal evening meet........ 2nd Tuesday at Becketts Farm (A435 on the B'ham side of the M42 if anyone fancies popping down one evening!) Sam decided she would come and bring the Moggy...... thats TWICE in one week its been out!! I took Eric along............




Malcolm was there in his MKI that I was working on last Sunday. the non running turned out to be a dodgy set of points...... so we replaced them with a luminition kit he had bought... job done! Also met up with Tony Edgeworth, another of our 2000 owning friends......... and Sam's parents were there. Her Mum took her Stag and her Dad bought his PI estate........... see, I married good stock!

No comments: